I thought I should share some more of the work that was done for the last Autodesk University. This class covered how to upgrade your add-in to use the ribbon user interface. It was one of the new virtual classes and the video is available. However, the paper contains all of the information in the video plus some additional material that I didn’t have time for in the video.
The paper answers the following questions:
- From a user’s perspective, what is the ribbon user interface?
- Can my VBA macros work with the ribbon?
- Will my existing add-ins work with the ribbon?
- How does the API support the ribbon?
- What do I need to consider when adding my buttons to the ribbon?
- What do I do about the classic interface?
Below are links to the paper and some sample programs.